Saturday, January 20, 2007

JFSB's Co-Worker

I went to a pre-New Years party at JFSB’s house. At the liveliest point in the party there were maybe 20 people there. I think there were more like 10 people there most of the night. JFSB made “Jungle Juice” (which I had never had) and I felt obligated to drink some. Wow, that stuff is strong.

At some point during the night RBNB text messages me, I text him back, then SLN and HSM take my phone and text message back and forth with RBNB without my (or his) knowledge. So he thinks he is talking to me the whole time, and I have no idea what is said between any of them. I get my phone back and get a one word text from RBNB “whore”. I was very upset by this (even though I know it is not true) so I drank some more (I know, bad reason to drink, but I was already tipsy my logic wasn’t very good).

By the time people start leaving I am very drunk and semi-asleep on the upstairs couch. JFSB and some of his friends (2 other females and 2 other males, none of them couples) decide to watch a movie downstairs, so they rouse me and get me to go with them. We watch part of the movie before one of the guys stumbles off to the bathroom and gets sick. Then I semi-fall asleep again while everyone else works on getting the sick guy taken care of.

Around 3am I wake up freezing. There is a fireplace upstairs so I decide to go up there to sit in front of the fire and get warm. JFSB’s co-worker apparently has the same idea, so we sit in front of the (pretty much dead) fire and talk for about an hour. Then JFSB’s co-worker explains to me that I should go back down to the couch downstairs to sleep and he should stay upstairs so that JFSB doesn’t think there is anything going on. Whatever, I don’t care; nothing is going on between me and any of the other people there (besides conversation). So I find a blanket and go back downstairs where I try to sleep (and am semi-successful) for the rest of the night.

The next morning I call my parents and they give me and my car a ride home (I was too hung-over to want to drive). JFSB calls me later in the day and he gives me his co-workers phone number. I call the co-worker and we talk about getting together to do something, but I wake up sick the next day so it never happens. It is no big deal to me, but I figure I will never hear from the co-worker again.

I got a text-message from the co-worker tonight (about a month later). He said he saw me at the gym and that I looked good but too busy to talk. He also said “you never got to hang out at my new house” I texted him back that I am free tonight and that he should call if he wants to do something.

Update: He called, he just got back from the gym and needs to shower but says he'll call back in about an hour.

Next day update: He did call back, around 1am, I didn't answer. He is now annoyed because I did not respond to his "booty call"; Heh, too bad for him.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ummm, wow. I have no idea what to say other than kidos to you for being more than a booty call and beware impatient men...

Chopsticks said...

I appreciate the affirmation. Am I right to assume calls (from guys I barely know) after 10:30pm to go to someone's house are booty calls?

Avitable said...

I would only call someone that late to chat.

Chopsticks said...

Then you wouldn't be offended if I didn't answer... and you wouldn't be inviting me to your house *wink*. Besides you are across the country and married, so you aren't one of the ones I need to worry about.

Avitable said...

Good point.

The Cast

These are the people who will be making re-occurring appearances in my blog. The cast may grow, shrink, or simply change with time. This is meant merely as a quick reference sheet to some of the players both for me, and for you.

Family

Mom Sarcastic, witty, caring, sometimes we drive each other crazy. I wouldn't trade her for anything (yes mom, I know you read this - I would write it regardless).
Dad Caring, artistic, musical, annoys me by pretending to know things he doesn't or by not knowing the things I want him to know. I wouldn't trade him for anything either (he doesn't read this…as far as I know).
LB = Little Brother Smart but lazy, my 18 year old brother spends most of his time in his room. He just started university (it was either that or get a job).

Females

FF = Forum Friend Although we have only met twice in real life, I love this girl. She is sarcastic, smart, fun, caring, and very picky about her coffee. She’s had a bit more life experience than I, so she’s a good one to talk to when I need advice.
SLN = Same Last Name A girl I knew in high school, then met again at university, then met again back in Hometown who has the same last name as I do. She is talkative, superficial, and occasionally artistic. She is a rather bad friend, but if you need someone to drink with you can call her (just don’t expect her to show up when or where you planned on).
PIPF = Pseudo-Intellectual Pseudo-Feminist A girl I knew in high school and re-met in Hometown. She is exactly like the pseudonym – a pseudo-intellectual pseudo-feminist. She takes great joy in being a bitch and in trying to be “unique” (although she sees it as being unique rather than as trying).
HSM = High School Mom A girl (younger than me) who I knew in high school. I re-met her back in Hometown. She has a kid and an ex-husband. Not too smart, but sweet, she likes to party and recently turned 21.

Males

XFL = Ex-First-Love The boy I spent ages (late) 15 - (early) 21 with. We lived together and loved each other for more than 5 years. I still miss him, but as a best friend rather than a lover at this point. He is incredibly smart.
XFLXRM = Ex-First-Love’s Ex-Roommate My ex’s old roommate/best friend. He is a sadistic narcissistic asshole, and he knows it. He is also incredibly smart. We still chat from time to time.
XFLHTF = Ex-First-Love’s Home-Town Friend My ex’s other (earlier) roommate’s ex-boyfriend, lives in Hometown. I first met him when the ex and I first started dating, and recently re-met him. He is full of energy, and quite smart. There is nothing at all romantic between us and that feeling is mutual (for once) which is nice.
JFPB = Just Friends Poetry Boy I met this boy in poetry class in university. I have known him for about 3 years. He has the potential to be smart, but he is too much of a stoner to ever utilize it. He is also creepily obsessed with me.
JFSB = Just Friends Short Boy This boy went to the same high school that I went to… at a different time. He is nearly a foot shorter than I am. He knew my little brother before he knew me. He is sweet and loyal, and we will never be anything more than friends although I suspect that is what he hopes for.
XMJF = Ex-Military Just Friends Boy A nice guy to have coffee with. He is smart and we hold diametrically opposed views on just about everything so he is a good person to debate things with. He would like a more-than-friends status but knows it will not happen and accepts that.
XMNTBB = Ex-Military Not-too-bright Boy Not too nice, not too smart. He showers attention on girls unless they pay attention to him. Has dated many girls in Hometown, we are all known as “alcoholic slutty crazy bitches” to him now.
NTBRBB = Not-too-bright Re-bound Boy Sweet (until I broke up with him), not very smart, and very in to material possessions.
RBNB = Rich Bad News Boy I met him through his writing on his blog. He is a narcissistic asshole. He is also friends with SBNB and NTBRBB.
SBNB = Smart Bad News Boy I met him through his blog and through RBNB. We kind of had a thing – for a little bit. He is very smart and quite sexy. He also plays a ton of games and turns most situations around so that he is the “victim” which is his favorite and often-played role.